Thus, the figures have changed considerably:
- Today seven million children attend 12,000 schools (in three turns), 2.5 million
(37%) are girls
- The number of teachers has reached 170,000, 30% of whom are women.
- There is a curriculum and text books have been published and distributed for
primary school. The publishing of books for secondary school was completed in
- The number of schools to train teachers has increased from 4 to 42, with entry
access for both men and women, where 42,000 students are being trained, 38%
of whom are women.
- More than 90,000 students have finished High School
- Of the 673 schools that were closed during the Taliban years, 220 have re-
opened their doors since 2009, providing education to 200,000 children.
- Administrative reforms have taken place in order to pay the salaries of all
teachers and professors
- 63,000 students are part of 24 new High Schools